from: Martin Empson, Treasurer, Campaign Against Climate Change Trade Union group
With all the activity around the strikes last week and the demonstration this weekend, the news about 1000 jobs underthreat at Carillion in Newcastle may have been overlooked. Carillion is one of the largest installers of solar panels and with government reductions to the "feed in" tariff - the amount of money that is given to those who sell electricity from renewable sources, back to the national grid, there is likely to be a drop in demand for the panels.
There is a BBC report here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-15992506
and a Guardian report here
As part of the climate jobs campaign, I think it is important that the CaCC TU group stands with those workers who face losing their jobs. If anyone on this email list is in the Newcastle area, or has contacts with the Carillion workers (or their trade union), or indeed knows of any campaigns, public meetings etc that we can publicise, please drop me a line off list.
My contact details are below,
Treasurer, Campaign Against Climate Change Trade Union group
079 585 35231
- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2017/8 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...