ENGAGED ISLAM ~ CONTEMPLATIVE ACTION IN OUR CHANGING TIMES
Date: Sat 21st January 2012
Time: 3.15pm to 5.30pm
Venue: 4th Floor, Muslim World League, 46 Goodge Street, London, W1T 4LU (entrance on the corner of Charlotte Street); Nearest Tubes: Goodge Street (Northern Line), Euston Square (Hammersmith & City, Circle, & Metropolitan Lines) & Warren Street (Victoria Line).
Dr Shumaisa Khan, (Food & Ecological Justice Researcher & WIN activist);
Dr Muzammal Hussain, (WIN activist);
Dr Derek Wall, (Green activist, writer and economics)
On the one hand we have corporate domination, economic marginalisation and climate change; on the other, we have spontaneous movements such as 'Occupy', community food growing/permaculture, consensus-decision-making, and a thirst for alternative currencies and economics. In the context of bottom-up, 'non-hierarchical' movements for social change, this public meeting will consider, 'what contribution can be made by Islam and Muslims?' It will include short talks from our speakers, a chance for participants to share their own reflections and experience, and time to hear about volunteering and networking with like minded people in the context of an engaged Islam for our times.
Snacks will be available. This is a free event, with optional donations.
More info including speaker bios: http://wisdominnature.blogspot.com/2012/01/public-meeting-sat-21st-jan-london.html?utm_source=BP_recent
- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2017/8 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...
- WATERMELON ONLINE Autumn 2017
- "How can a low carbon economy create new employmen...
- Parties to the Left of Labour and Corbynism by J.H...
- Elinor Ostrom’s Rules for Radicals