From: Liverpool Against The Cuts <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Adult Social Care Campaign
Date: Tuesday, 3 April, 2012, 9:17
Welcome to Liverpool Against the Cuts (LATC)/Social Work Action Network(SWAN) joint campaign against Liverpool City Council's cuts to Adult Social Care. I am contacting you all first and foremost to thank you for expressing interest in being part of this much needed campaign in Liverpool. The information we have been given so far is this:
1. The council have recently removed all funding for recipients of 'moderate' banding care packages - 66 people have already had their service taken away
2. The council are currently reassessing all recipients of social care services across the city. This will allow downgrading - i.e from substantial to moderate - taking more people out of the system.
3. Closure of day-centres by non-referral (stated by carers who have tried to access a day-centre)
4. Non- completion of Lime Court after 2 years (still no design and contractors)
5. Non-development of Speke and Lancaster day centre 'hubs'.
6. Privatisation of Beresford House - Beresford House is used for respite and residential clients, it is going over to the private sector; tenders have been submitted to the council.
I would like to invite you all to a campaign planning meeting next week. We are hoping to have further information and a clearer direction for the future of our campaign. We can also discuss the above points in greater detail, so that people have a better understanding of the impact these changes will have upon service users, carers and workers.
The meeting will be on 12th April at 6pm at Unite the Union, Jack Jones House, 2 Churchill Way, Liverpool, L3 8EF.
Could I ask you to let me know if you are able to attend by responding to this email?
Many thanks once again, hope to see you all next week!
Nicky Mitchell, Michelle Smith, Joe Greener - LATC and SWAN
Liverpool Against The Cuts
c/o RMT NW Office, 29 Hope Street, Liverpool, L1 9BQ
- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2017/8 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...
- WATERMELON ONLINE Autumn 2017
- "How can a low carbon economy create new employmen...
- Parties to the Left of Labour and Corbynism by J.H...
- Elinor Ostrom’s Rules for Radicals