- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2017/8 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...
- WATERMELON ONLINE Autumn 2017
- "How can a low carbon economy create new employmen...
Friday, 30 November 2012
Caroline Lucas supports PCS protests
On 30/11/2012 16:27, Martin Francis wrote:
From Caroline Lucas's blog today
The Chancellor will publish details of his spending plans in the Autumn Statement next week.
They are expected to include information from the Office of Budget Responsibility showing that the Government’s programme of austerity and cuts to public services is failing to get our economy back on track.
The promised creation of new private sector jobs has simply not materialised and more and more households are struggling to cope with rising bills, unemployment or job insecurity, and attacks on essential support mechanisms.
What’s more, the Government’s economic policies have resulted in many public services workers having their pay frozen, their pensions cut and their terms and conditions placed under review.
None of this makes sense if we want to keep money circulating in the local economy.
So I'm pleased to support today’s protests by members of the Public and Commercial Services Union, designed to highlight the harmful impact of the Government’s policies on individuals and on the city.
Posted by DON'T dis US at 09:11