CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS TO:
RADICAL HERITAGE, ART AND CULTURE
a strand of
RADICAL HISTORIES/HISTORIES OF RADICALISM
A MAJOR CONFERENCE AND PUBLIC HISTORY FESTIVAL
Queen Mary University of London
This international event will explore radical approaches to the past and histories of radical ideas and action through workshops, lectures, panels, performances, screenings, workshops and exhibitions.
For this strand (D) we are particularly interested in cultural initiatives that are wholly or partly situated outside of established heritage organisations, that offer alternative or counter narratives, or that experiment with new forms of producing and articulating history. We invite academics, activists, artists, and practitioners of all kinds to contribute proposals for short papers, workshops, walks, displays, and performances that critically reflect on themes including but not limited to those listed below:
· Radical forms of heritage
· Uses of the past
· Radical and alternative forms of classification
· DIY heritage projects: who, how and why?
· Walks as public history
· Digital heritage
· Mainstreaming radical histories
· Cultural interventions
· Art and activism
· Counter narratives
· Democratisation of heritage
If you would need more information or would like to informally discuss proposals for the strand, please contact Kathleen McIlvennakathleenmcil@gmail.com
Please send a 250 - 500 word proposal, marked Strand D and including a description of the format and content of the proposed paper, session, workshop, meeting, screening, or performance to Katy Pettit, Raphael Samuel History Centre administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org) by . Proposers will be notified by .
Dr Fiona Candlin
Senior Lecturer in Museum Studies
Department of History of Art
Follow me on Twitter - @FionaCandlin
acknowledgements to Jane Ennis
- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2017/8 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...
- WATERMELON ONLINE Autumn 2017
- "How can a low carbon economy create new employmen...
- Parties to the Left of Labour and Corbynism by J.H...
- Elinor Ostrom’s Rules for Radicals
- Watermelon Spring 2018
Wednesday, 19 August 2015
CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS TO: RADICAL HERITAGE, ART AND CULTURE
Posted by DON'T dis US at 01:34