Subject: Green Party GLA candidate calls for Fight against vindictive Trade Union Attack
Noel Lynch the favorite candidate to head the Green Party GLA is calling for a fight of 'Progressive Forces' against the Tory governments plans to further restrict Trade Unions ability to withdraw their labour and strike, possibly even criminalising striking!
Noel said, "I am horrified at this governments plans to further curtail trade union rights which are already the most restricted in Europe. Trade unions are the largest democratic movement in our country, of which I am proud to count myself among more than six million. With wages miserably failing to keep pace with prices, we need a growing and active trade union movement to be collectively bargaining against otherwise unchecked corporate greed on members behalf."
"The mayor wants to completely rewrite tube workers contracts for a 24 hour tube without thinking about the effects on the staff members family, wellbeing and passenger safety. Rightly the unions are withdrawing their labour until tfl put forward reasonable proposals, that is a fundamental democratic right. Likewise why should bus drivers doing the same job for different companies be paid less in some than others, especially when tfl regulates these bus companies.
The Green Party believes that collective bargaining through trade unions is a very basic democratic right, as is the ability to withdraw your labour. The most productive economies are those who recognise the importance of trade unions and see them as a force for good, such as in Germany where trade union reps sit on boards. Instead we have this ideological hatred of them by a right-wing Tory government. I will fight tooth and nail against these undemocratic, anti-worker attacks on the trade union movement."
For more information
Noel Lynch email@example.com
James Youd firstname.lastname@example.org
nb video clips of the Green Party GLA with statements from all gp candidates in the selection for gla candidates are at http://brentgreens.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/green-party-greater-london-assembly.html
- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2017/8 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...
- WATERMELON ONLINE Autumn 2017
- "How can a low carbon economy create new employmen...
- Parties to the Left of Labour and Corbynism by J.H...
- Elinor Ostrom’s Rules for Radicals
- Watermelon Spring 2018