Saturday 10 September 2016

John McDonnell: why I am proud to support Disabled People Against Cuts (DPAC)


Photo of John McDonnell
“I have been a long-time supporter of Disabled People Against Cuts (DPAC) and stood with them side by side as they have taken direct action against the Tories in order to highlight the cruel and brutal reality of life of disabled people under the Tories. This is why I am proud to support Disabled People Against Cuts (DPAC) #RightsNotGames week of action starting 4 September through to 10 September and I am honoured they have invited me to speak at their Conference: DPAC Disabled Peoples’ Resistance: building beyond borders #GlobalResistance on Saturday 10 September. Austerity is not a necessity it is a political choice which why I am determined that a Labour government will reverse the heinous policies that have deliberately targeted disabled people. Solidarity.”

 John McDonnell, Shadow Chancellor

No comments: