It's never a dull time in politics! The general election announcement last week has obviously dramatically shifted the political focus and with such a short time frame many activists will now be flat out with campaigning over the next few weeks. This also affects our priorities. So we've made some adjustments to our planned activity.
1) People's Assembly national conference POSTPONED
We have decided to postpone our national conference which was scheduled for in London. Whatever the result of the election it will be crucial for us to come together to discuss our response and the next steps for the anti-austerity movement, but of course the results will determine our priorities.
We therefore think it's best to postpone the conference until shortly after the election. If you've already booked a ticket it'll be refunded to you within the next few days.
2) Election campaigning
The People's Assembly is a broad based campaign involving activists from different political parties. That's why we are not campaigning for any one political party in the general election.
However, the anti-austerity movement still has a role to play in the next few weeks. We want to expose the Tory lies and make sure people know how damaging the Tories have been to our services. We're running a 'Tories Out' campaign over the coming weeks.
Here are some of the key activities we'll be engaged with in the coming weeks:
What you can do.
In the mean time please download our 'Tories Out' poster here:
Stick it up in your window, in your workplace canteen, or community centre, Church or Mosque... or any where you think it will be seen!
And also visit the People's Assembly shop to get your Tories Out Merchandise here:
Follow this link to take you to our shop.
We'll be announcing a date for a new post election People's Assembly conference soon, so keep your eyes peeled for that, and why not organise some street activity in your area to add some People's Assembly energy into getting rid of this Austerity Government!
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you on the streets!
The People's Assembly Against Austerity
- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2017/8 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...
- WATERMELON ONLINE Autumn 2017
- "How can a low carbon economy create new employmen...
- Parties to the Left of Labour and Corbynism by J.H...
- Elinor Ostrom’s Rules for Radicals
Wednesday, 26 April 2017
People's Assembly update
Posted by DON'T dis US at 05:05