Please let me know if you or anyone from your branch has registered for the Education Hustings and if your branch can send a delegate to the rally at 5.30pm
Day Of Action - Vote for Education on Wednesday 24th May!
We are calling on all branches in colleges, universities and adult & community learning to:
* Register for the TES Education Hustings 6.30 – 8.30pm
supported by London Region UCU, with Angela Rayner and Justine Greening. The event is FREE and you can register here: https://www.eventbrite.
Please request two tickets each so you can bring a colleague
* Join the rally in Old Palace Yard 5.30 – 6.30pm
Opposite Westminster - Link<https://www.google.co.uk/
- Scrap HE and FE tuition fees
- Reverse the HE Bill
- Bring back the EMA Education Maintenance Allowance for FE Students
- Reverse the historic neglect of FE and increase funding
- Fund 10,000 new FE lecturers
After the rally we will March to the TES Question Time at Emmanuel Centre, 9-23 Marsham Street, London SW1P 3DW , which is ten minutes' walk from Old Palace Yard.
* Encourage all staff and students to vote in the general election on June 8th.
Links to lesson materials from ACTION FOR ESOLhttp://actionforesol.org/
* Distribute the flyer around your workplace and encourage people to sign up for the TES Question Time at 6.30pm and join the rally at 5.30pm.
In the last two weeks, Labour has announced it will scrap university and adult FE tuition fees and reverse the 'history of neglect' in FE:
Register to Vote Now! Join the rally! Come to the TES Question Time! Vote for Education!
UCU London Regional Secretary