London, Saturday 4th October, 11.00 am to 5.00 pm Room G2 in SOAS (School of Oriental and African Studies), London
SOAS is off Thornhaugh street, off RusselL Square otherwise approachable from the other side from Malet street. Nearest tube : RusselL Square. G2 is in the main building where the Students Union is, up the stairs from the central courtyard.
The National Climate march is the biggest mobilisation on climate in the UK. But we need to make it bigger. Can you help us ? And plan climate campaigning ahead into 2009 and beyond.
The National Climate March on December 6th is also part of a Global Day of Action on climate,last year more than 70 countries were involved. Help us build this international campaign still bigger- both for the Poznan Climate Talks this year and the all important Copenhagen 2009 Talks next year.
As well as joining other countries around the world to demand urgent action and climate justice from world leaders the National Climate March will be pushing 3 major issue/demands to the government
No New Coal
- No Heathrow / Aviation expansion
- No to Agrofuels
While these negatives are balanced by a positive
Yes to renewable energy, energy efficiency, low carbon transport,deep and rapid emission cuts, green jobs
Help us find effective ways to bring these to the Climate March, and campaign on them through the coming year.
Help us build up the campaign network around the country to build the Climate March ever bigger and campaign effectively through the year.
- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2017/8 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...
- WATERMELON ONLINE Autumn 2017
- "How can a low carbon economy create new employmen...
- Parties to the Left of Labour and Corbynism by J.H...
- Elinor Ostrom’s Rules for Radicals
- Watermelon Spring 2018