acknowledgements to Romayne Phoenix
EDM 244 is now tabled with Labour, SNP and Green MPs see Parliamentary website
Ask everyone to lobby their MP to sign up - These are the initial names.
EDM 244 GREECE REFERENDUM
That this House congratulates the Greek Government on holding the referendum on 5th July to allow the people to have their democratic say on new bailout proposals; recognises the majority vote for No to the imposition of further austerity measures which have damaged the economy and caused widespread poverty; congratulates the Greek people on taking a stand against attacks on living standards of ordinary people; urges the UK Government to work with the EU Commission, the European Central Bank and the IMF to respect the result of the referendum and to return immediately to meaningful negotiations with the Greek government on the terms of the bailout; and believes that an end to austerity measures and a European conference to reach a new agreement for restructuring of Greek debt, including debt cancellation and a grace period without payments, are necessary.
Richard Burgon (Leeds East)
Jeremy Corbyn (Islington North)
Ian Lavery (Wansbeck)
Caroline Lucas (Brighton Pavilion)
George Kerevan (East Lothian)
Margaret Ferrier (Rutherglen and Hamilton West)
Carolyn Harris (Swansea East)
Rachael Maskell (York Central)
Grahame Morris (Easington)
Dave Anderson (Blaydon)
Michael Meacher (Oldham West and Royton)
Kate Osamor (Edmonton)
Clive Lewis (Norwich South)
Roger Godsiff (Birmingham Hall Green)
Chris Stephens (Glasgow South West)
Tommy Sheppard (Edinburgh East)
Harry Harpham (Sheffield Brightside and Hillsborough)
Vicky Foxcroft (Lewisham Deptford)
John McDonnell (Hayes and Harlington)
Liz McInnes (Heywood and Middleton)
- HOW TO JOIN GREEN LEFT
- Code of conduct for Green Left email lists
- green left archive VIDEOS & POLICY STATEMENTS
- Green Left Committee 2017/8 and CONSTITUTION
- European eco-socialist Action Network meeting: London 28 and 29 June 2014:
- WATERMELON SEPTEMBER 2014
- WATERMELON SPRING 2015
- WATERMELON Autumn 2015
- WATERMELON Spring 2016
- THE HEADCORN DECLARATION: Founding statement of Gr...
- Marxism and Ecology
- WATERMELON online Conference Newsletter of Green L...
- Yemen - the Forgotten War
- Brexit and Ecosocialist Alliances 1/4/2017
- WATERMELON Conference Newsletter of Green Left Spr...
- WATERMELON ONLINE Autumn 2017
- "How can a low carbon economy create new employmen...